(Work place: Sainte-Marie)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-02As a teller, you serve members and customers who require assistance with monetary and convenience transactions. You advise and assist members and customers in selecting and using automation solutions, and provide them with general information on Desjardins Group's service offer.
Caisse Desjardins de La Nouvelle-Beauce, which has its head office in Ste-Marie de Beauce (20 minutes from Quebec City’s bridges), has a business volume of $3.7 billion, including $756 million in personal loans and $751 million in business loans. Balance sheet and off-balance sheet savings total $2.2 billion.
Through the work of a team of 125 professionals in 14 service centres, the caisse enjoys a position of strength in the region and addresses the changing needs of its 37,000 members. Its vision is guided by a partnership approach with its employees and is focused on financial performance, against a backdrop of ongoing concern for the satisfaction of its members. Its organizational values are based on respect in an environment that encourages each individual to excel.
Caisse Desjardins de La Nouvelle-Beauce has distinguished itself through its involvement with and contribution to the community, making it a key partner for socioeconomic development.
- Carry out monetary and convenience transactions (e.g. deposits, withdrawals, Desjardins access cards, bill payments and bill management, account information and changes, personalized cheque orders, plans, direct deposits and withdrawals, certified cheques, drafts and money orders, automatic transfers, account statements). Verify and record supporting documents required to carry out transactions. As needed, process round-the-clock and ATM deposit envelopes.
- Advise and assist members in selecting and optimizing their use of various available tools, fostering autonomy and promoting automation (e.g. ATMs, AccèsD Internet and telephone, Desjardins mobile services, Desjardins.com, as well as additional channels such as the Student Service Centre and Desjardins Bank).
- Listen to members' and customers' needs in order to ensure their full satisfaction and identify sales opportunities, and, when appropriate, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Contribute to sales growth by taking part in various solicitation and referral activities.
- Ensure that all activities are completed in a timely fashion and in accordance with prescribed quality standards.
- Maintain the security of transactions and operations in accordance with current policies, practices and standards.
Other working conditions
- Occasionnal work, average of 30 hours/week
- Temporary work, on call : scheduled to end on December 31st, 2021
- Number of job available : 1
- High school diploma
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of all counter and convenience products and services
- Knowledge of all Desjardins products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by business centres, components, distribution networks/channels and as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of integrating data into systems
- Knowledge of security measures, legal framework and internal controls
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of operating procedures related to convenience products and services and automated and assisted transactions
- Knowledge of service standards
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de La Nouvelle-Beauce
Member/client sales and service (FG)