(Work place: Saint-André-Avellin)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-02The incumbent serves members and customers who require assistance with monetary and convenience transactions. He or she advises and assists members and customers in selecting and using automation solutions, and provides them with general information on Desjardins Group's service offer.
As a teller, you serve members and customers who require assistance with monetary and convenience transactions. You advise and assist members and customers in selecting and using automation solutions, and provide them with general information on Desjardins Group's service offer.
Caisse Desjardins de la Petite-Nation showcases its cooperative difference by offering innovative, value-added financial products and services that are tailored to the changing needs of its members and clients.The caisse is a result of a merger of the caisses populaires in Chénéville, Montebello, Papineauville, Ripon and Saint-André-Avellin. Grouping these locations made the caisse a powerful economic driver able to meet its members’ expectations. It has become a key cooperative institution in the area from a financial, cultural, social and community standpoint.The caisse serves a rural and touristic market that is known for its development potential. The caisse’s mission is to establish lasting, effective business relationships with its 12,050 members.Since the 5 caisses were merged, Caisse Desjardins de la Petite-Nation’s assets have increased from $117 million to $306 million. We’re proud of the progress of our team’s relationships with our members.This was no accident. It was the result of the expertise and voluntary commitment of our directors, the quality of our services and the professionalism of our employeesOur strength is the ability to offer a wide range of financial products and services under one roof. Developing this enhanced offer and earning exceptional results required a concerted effort of employees, managers and directors, all of whom share the same passion: improving the level of satisfaction of our members.
- Carry out monetary and convenience transactions (e.g. deposits, withdrawals, Desjardins access cards, bill payments and bill management, account information and changes, personalized cheque orders, plans, direct deposits and withdrawals, certified cheques, drafts and money orders, automatic transfers, account statements). Verify and record supporting documents required to carry out transactions. As needed, process round-the-clock and ATM deposit envelopes.
- Advise and assist members in selecting and optimizing their use of various available tools, fostering autonomy and promoting automation (e.g. ATMs, AccèsD Internet and telephone, Desjardins mobile services, Desjardins.com, as well as additional channels such as the Student Service Centre and Desjardins Bank).
- Listen to members' and customers' needs in order to ensure their full satisfaction and identify sales opportunities, and, when appropriate, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Contribute to sales growth by taking part in various solicitation and referral activities.
- Ensure that all activities are completed in a timely fashion and in accordance with prescribed quality standards.
- Maintain the security of transactions and operations in accordance with current policies, practices and standards.
Other working conditions
- Schedule : On call, without fixed hours
- Travel : The incumbent will be required to come to one of the following three service points: 276, rue Papineau Papineauville, 79, rue Principale Chénéville and 105, rue Principale Saint-André-Avellin.
- Temporary work : scheduled to end on October 12, 2021
- Number of job available : 1
- High school diploma
- A minimum of one year of a relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of all counter and convenience products and services
- Knowledge of all Desjardins products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by business centres, components, distribution networks/channels and as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of integrating data into systems
- Knowledge of security measures, legal framework and internal controls
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of operating procedures related to convenience products and services and automated and assisted transactions
- Knowledge of service standards
- Strong communication skills in both French and English, both oral and written
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de la Petite-Nation
Member/client sales and service (FG)