(Work place: Laval)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-03The incumbent is responsible for welcoming members and customers warmly and courteously. He or she must quickly ascertains members' and customers' needs in order to direct them to individuals who can assist them or to alternative distribution channels. He or she transmits general information on Desjardins Group's service offer to members and customers.
Caisse Desjardins des Grands boulevards de Laval is a modern, stimulating and friendly environment. Employee recognition and satisfaction are the caisse’s main concerns, and it offers a quality workplace through its management practices and social commitment.
With more than $1.7 billion in assets and $3.6 billion in business volume, our financial institution is a major economic player in Laval. In terms of numbers, Caisse des Grands boulevards de Laval has nearly 48,000 members, more than 125 employees, and 14 sites, including 4 full service centres.
Join our team and become a part of the Desjardins experience. Attractive working conditions, opportunities for advancement, a professional development program, and a simple, modern, people-focused and high-performance approach: that is what sets us apart.
Responsibilities - Member reception agent
- Consistently adhere to Desjardins service standards when welcoming members and customers in order to provide a distinctive experience.
- As time permits, foster member and customer autonomy by assisting them in the optimal use of alternative tools and channels (e.g. ATMs, AccèsD Internet and telephone, Desjardins mobile services, Desjardins.com, and complementary channels such as the Student Service Centre and Desjardins Bank).
- Ensure that members and customers experience a reasonable waiting time in the waiting room. To that effect, observe their reactions and maintain their satisfaction.
- Pay attention to the needs of members and customers to ensure their full satisfaction and seize sales opportunities.
- When coming into contact with members and customers, work to strengthen the trust they have in Desjardins by adequately meeting their needs.
- As needed, schedule appointments following the process established by the caisse.
- As required and on an ad hoc basis, answer and route phone calls and collect and provide general information.
Responsibilities - Teller
- Carry out monetary and convenience transactions (e.g. deposits, withdrawals, Desjardins access cards, bill payments and bill management, account information and changes, personalized cheque orders, plans, direct deposits and withdrawals, certified cheques, drafts and money orders, automatic transfers, account statements). Verify and record supporting documents required to carry out transactions. As needed, process round-the-clock and ATM deposit envelopes.
- Advise and assist members in selecting and optimizing their use of various available tools, fostering autonomy and promoting automation (e.g. ATMs, AccèsD Internet and telephone, Desjardins mobile services, Desjardins.com, as well as additional channels such as the Student Service Centre and Desjardins Bank).
- Listen to members' and customers' needs in order to ensure their full satisfaction and identify sales opportunities, and, when appropriate, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Contribute to sales growth by taking part in various solicitation and referral activities.
- Ensure that all activities are completed in a timely fashion and in accordance with prescribed quality standards.
- Maintain the security of transactions and operations in accordance with current policies, practices and standards.
Other working conditions
- Workplace: Concorde Service Center, 250 Blvd. Eastern Concorde, Laval, Quebec
- Schedule: Part time - 25 hours per week, 5 days, Monday to Friday (to be determined with the manager)
- Number of job available: 1
- High school diploma
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of all counter and convenience products and services
- Knowledge of all Desjardins products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by business centres, components, distribution networks/channels and as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of security measures, legal framework and internal controls
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of reception procedure
- Knowledge of the general responsibilities of the caisse teams (organizational structure, roles and responsibilities)
- Knowledge of service standards
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Interpersonal Savvy, Situational adaptability
Caisse Desjardins des Grands boulevards de Laval
Member/client sales and service (FG)