Permanent position - 35h / week
The objective of the Place des Arts Society of Montreal is to operate a performing arts distribution company and to manage the Place des Arts in Montreal, the Fernand-Lindsay Amphitheater in Joliette and to establish artistic programming in the Maison symphonique for organizations other than the Orchester symphonique de Montréal. These activities are particularly intended to provide a place of residence for major arts organizations, to promote accessibility to various forms of performing arts and to promote artistic and cultural life in Québec. It produces, co-produces and hosts Canadian and international artistic works featuring emerging artists as well as international stars in collaboration with arts organizations, producers, creators and the entire cultural community.
We are currently looking for someone to fill the position of ticket and parking manager. In this role, you will be responsible for the ticketing and parking activities. You will see the smooth running of the operations under your responsibility and supervise the work of the administrative staff including four supervisors. You will oversee labor relations activities and actively participate in the negotiations of the two collective agreements in your sector.
You will need to demonstrate a strategic view of event management, manage budgets under your responsibility, conduct performance reviews for each proposed initiative, and suggest improvements, track technology market trends and identify development opportunities to ensure the smooth operation and continuous improvement of activities.
Finally, you will be the guardian of the quality standards of the services offered by the ticketing and parking services staff by making Place des Arts a place of inspiring experiences.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
- Coordinate activities with resident companies and the ticketing and parking system provider; ensure efficient use of systems
- Meet with producers and partners; respond to inquiries regarding the use of ticketing and parking
- Liaise with administrative staff and ticketing and parking supervisors for proper follow-up of events on our premises
- Validate the contractual agreements related to ticketing and parking for Place des Arts events in accordance with the procedures and standards in force; perform the necessary administrative follow-ups.
- Ensure remittances and the collection of different user fees in accordance with the agreements reached for the ticketing and parking areas
- Prepare various administrative reports and sales statistics, memos, memos
- Analyze the balance sheets of the different activities held in our places and make recommendations in order to improve the service offered
- Develop special offers, discounts or other initiatives that will help increase revenue
- Participate in the development of the customer service budget for its sectors; manage and maintain project budgets under his responsibility
- Be an active member of the Occupational Health and Safety Committeeand the Residents' Forum.
Human Resources Management:
- To control the collective agreements of the employees of the ticketing and the parking, to see the application of these and to take part in the collective bargaining
- Mobilize, develop, manage and support the employees under its responsibility; set goals and conduct annual performance reviews
- Co-facilitate with the Director, the Labor Relations Committees; prepare the agenda; write the minutes; disseminate and follow up on them
- Facilitate planning meetings with supervisors, monitor and attend meetings or other committees
- Receive complaints and solve any problem that may occur during an event
- Perform any other related tasks.
- Hold a university degree in administration or in a relevant discipline
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience relevant to the position, including a majority in ticket management
- Have an experience in a unionized environment, a definite asset
- Have a very good knowledge of French and a good knowledge of English, both orally and in writing
- Very good knowledge of Office Suite
- Experience in personnel management and mobilizing leadership
- Sense of organization and priority management
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Customer orientation and business sense; ability to influence and interact harmoniously with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent relationship skills
- Be available outside normal business hours.
We will accept applications until September 2, 2019.
The Place des Arts Society of Montreal operates an Equal Opportunity Employment Program and encourages women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities to apply.