Travel Assistance Officer, Night Shifts , AXA Assistance Canada
As a Passenger Assistance Agent, you will be the first contact with insured clients living in emergencies on an international level. Your mission will be to listen and reassure customers and then help them by organizing solutions to solve their problem. For example, the problems of our customers may be: a sore throat in Brazil (arranging a visit with a doctor at the hotel), a diving accident in Philippines (coordinate repatriation by air or air ambulance) etc. No matter what happens, we provide the necessary support through our extensive network of suppliers and partners. This is an excellent opportunity to take on a non-routine job and to take on several challenges! In addition, you will join a company of international stature whose primary mission is the protection of travelers!
You will manage and track files to coordinate actions and interact with customers over the phone. - Identify the insured client's problem, reassure him (accident, health problem, or any other unforeseen event that may happen abroad); - Organize and coordinate assistance solutions by helping / guiding the client in the process; - Management and follow-up of client files: note taking, follow-up of the steps to be carried out according to the procedures); - Respect the clauses imposed by the client's insurance contract.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years experience in customer service; - Perfectly bilingual; English and French (Spanish an asset); - Very strong customer orientation (listening, empathy, professionalism); - Responsive, proactive and multitasking (resourcefulness); - analytical, organized and structured; - Good stress management and be solution oriented (take a step back from emergency situations); - Excellent team spirit; - Ease in computer science.
CONDITIONS AND BENEFITS
- Type of job: Full time 40 hours and permanent
- Night shift : Work shifts from 10pm to 8am weekdays and weekends
- Competitive group insurance after 6 months of seniority
- Contribution of 10% on annual public transport passes OPUS after 6 months of seniority
- Vacations: 6% of the time worked (3 weeks per year for a full time)
- Complete training at the time of entry
-Location: in the city center, near McGill station
-A dynamic and stimulating work environment