(Work place: Gatineau)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a wealth management advisor, you’re responsible for developing and maintaining lasting and trusting business relationships with members and clients, to ensure they’re satisfied.Your role is to listen to members’ and clients’ needs, offer them advice that fits their financial situation and help them choose appropriate solutions to meet their financial goals. You work closely with a client base consisting of individual members and business owners. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You drive results by developing strategies and recommending investments, loans and insurance products. You use your expertise to balance member/client satisfaction, business objectives, profitability and sound and prudent risk management. You work with various partners and experts to design integrated strategies that meet the needs of members and clients.
The Caisse Desjardins de Hull-Aylmer, located in Gatineau (Hull‑Aylmer sector) in the Outaouais region, serves more than 54,000 members. It stands out for the size of the territory it covers and the strength of its 200 or so employees, who work together to ensure its members are satisfied and financially secure.
Its market is recognized for its business development potential. The caisse is served by four service centres strategically located in the western part of the region. The wide diversity of its clients and its employees is an asset to the institution on many levels.
Moreover, the General Manager’s vision is to create a top-performing seller that serves its members and is powered by people who live and breathe it, bring it to life, and give it a human face. Internal practices are therefore geared toward providing quality service while adhering to industry best practices.
The caisse is very active in its community, having provided nearly $600,000 in sponsorships and collective member dividends to the community in 2018, targeting areas such as education, cooperation, the social economy, health and healthy lifestyle choices. As a financial services cooperative that is firmly rooted in the community, the caisse shines from an economic standpoint. With assets of over $2.7 billion and a business volume under management of more than $5.4 billion, it is a powerful economic driver in the Outaouais region.
- Advise members and clients on the best strategies and work with them to identify expected results.
- Manage business relationships, assess member/client satisfaction and service quality, follow up and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on the financial services industry, market trends and best practices in your field.
- Participate in outreach activities and represent the caisse in the community.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of one year of a relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Be a licensed mutual fund representative
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Specialized knowledge of tax, financial and succession issues for individuals and businesses
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at Caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, components and distribution networks, as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with various legislation governing the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to Caisse products and services
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business process and service standards
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de Hull-Aylmer
Member/client sales and service (FG)