(Work place: Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07As a wealth management advisor, you’re responsible for developing and maintaining lasting and trusting business relationships with members and clients, to ensure they’re satisfied.Your role is to listen to members’ and clients’ needs, offer them advice that fits their financial situation and help them choose appropriate solutions to meet their financial goals. You work closely with a client base consisting of individual members and business owners. Interpersonal savvy is therefore essential.You drive results by developing strategies and recommending investments, loans and insurance products. You use your expertise to balance member/client satisfaction, business objectives, profitability and sound and prudent risk management. You work with various partners and experts to design integrated strategies that meet the needs of members and clients.
The Caisse Desjardins des Transports is the only provincial financial institution focused exclusively on serving passenger and freight transportation workers and companies. Proud of its team of nearly 55 employees in four locations, the caisse offers a pleasant working environment where you’ll be part of a team that spares no effort to offer quality services and be its members’ #1 choice. The caisse also prioritizes employee wellness by being responsive to individual needs, with the creation, in particular, of a public transportation and carpooling program. It leverages talent development to promote internal mobility and relies on active employee engagement and participation to meet business challenges head on. A strong believer in modern, innovative business solutions, it keeps a constant eye on the latest communication technologies. The caisse is proud to be actively involved in its community, with a number of innovative and socially responsible projects to its credit, including honey production thanks to the installation of a rooftop beehive at its head office. The caisse has also been a keen Réchaud-Bus partner for many years. The caisse serves over 19,800 members with a business volume of $1.5 billion. Its market is recognized for its bilingual clientele and strong business development potential.
- Advise members and clients on the best strategies and work with them to identify expected results.
- Manage business relationships, assess member/client satisfaction and service quality, follow up and identify areas for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date on the financial services industry, market trends and best practices in your field.
- Participate in outreach activities and represent the caisse in the community.
Other working conditions
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinaisons of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Specialized knowledge of tax, financial and succession issues for individuals and businesses
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at Caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, components and distribution networks, as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with various legislation governing the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to Caisse products and services
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business process and service standards
- Independent speaker, intermediate knowledge of English
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins des Transports
Member/client sales and service (FG)