(Work place: Québec)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07La Caisse Desjardins de l’Université Laval, située à Québec au sein de la communauté universitaire, dessert 13 487 membres. Son actif est de 295 millions de dollars, dont 220 millions en prêts aux particuliers et 18 millions en prêts aux entreprises. L’épargne totalise plus de 350 millions de dollars (bilan, hors bilan). Son marché se distingue par sa diversité. La Caisse compte 40 employés dans 1 centre de services.
- Solicit, develop and maintain personalized business relationships with current and potential clients in order to promote and sell Desjardins products and services.
- Assume responsibility for the portfolio by serving as the primary link between the caisse and members and clients. Ensure that products and services are appropriately used and updated and maintain satisfaction levels. Analyze sources of dissatisfaction and recommend solutions.
- Identify and analyze member and client needs, develop customized solutions and prepare an integrated service offer. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Recommend strategies and solutions to reach caisse objectives such as increased sales volumes, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and improved business relations.
- Identify business development opportunities to maintain the competitiveness of products and services.
- Carry out various promotional activities related to caisse operations. Take part in public relations activities and provide a presence in the business community.
- Be attentive to the needs of members and clients in order to ensure their full satisfaction, pinpoint business opportunities, and as required, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial services. Ensure sound and prudent risk management for the portfolio under his/her responsibility.
Other working condition
- Number of job available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered.
- Hold a mutual fund representative certificate from the Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required.
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Specialized knowledge of tax, financial and succession issues for individuals and businesses
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with legislation respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business processes
- Knowledge of service standards
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Communicates effectively, Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de l'Université Laval
Member/client sales and service (FG)