(Work place: Caisse Desjardins de Vaudreuil-Soulanges)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07Caisse Desjardins de Vaudreuil-Soulanges serves a large urban and rural territory west of the island of Montreal. A key community partner, the caisse has assets of more than $1.9 billion. Its market has strong business development potential. A team of 150 dedicated employees at 8 service centres takes care of 55,504 caisse members. The caisse serves 23 municipalities in the Vaudreuil-Soulanges area, reaching as far as the Ontario border.
- Solicit, develop and maintain personalized business relationships with current and potential clients in order to promote and sell Desjardins products and services. Assume responsibility for the portfolio by serving as the primary link between the Caisse and members and clients. Ensure that products and services are appropriately used and updated and maintain satisfaction levels. Analyze sources of dissatisfaction and recommend solutions.
- Identify and analyze member/client needs, develop client-specific solutions and prepare an integrated service offer. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Recommend strategies and solutions to reach Caisse objectives such as increased sales volumes, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and improved business relations.
- Identify business development opportunities to maintain the competitiveness of products and services.
- Carry out various promotional activities related to Caisse operations. Take part in public relations activities and provide a presence in the business community.
- Be attentive to the needs of members and clients in order to ensure their full satisfaction, pinpoint business opportunities, and as required, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial products and services. Ensure sound and prudent risk management for the portfolio under your responsibility.
Other working conditions
- Schedule: Option of working a 4-day week, including 2 evenings, or a 5-day week, including 1 evening
- Work location: Our Rigaud service centre, located at 462, Chemin de la Grande Ligne, J0P 1P0
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Minimum of one years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Mutual fund representative certificate (licence)
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Specialized knowledge of tax, financial and succession issues for individuals and businesses
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at Caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, components and distribution networks, as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with various legislation governing the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to Caisse products and services
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business process and service standards
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
462, chemin de la Grande-Ligne , Rigaud
Member/client sales and service (FG)