(Work place: Gatineau)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-07The incumbent is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, developing and maintaining business relationships with a clientele composed mainly of individual members and businesses generally with savings of 50,000 dollars to 150,000 dollars. He or she promotes and sells products and services and stimulates business growth. The incumbent represents, engages, and negotiates on behalf of the caisse in agreements that have a significant impact on the caisse. He or she ensures consistency and balance between sales objectives, sound and prudent risk management, portfolio profitability and client, member and partner satisfaction.
Caisse Desjardins de Hull-Aylmer, located in Gatineau in the Outaouais region, serves nearly 54,000 members. The Hull-Aylmer caisse offers its services across a large geographic area and employs 200 people who work together to ensure the full satisfaction and financial security of its members. The Caisse serves a market with strong business development potential. It operates four service centres located at strategic points across the western Outaouais region. The institution stands out on many levels thanks to the diversity of its clients and employees. The vision set forth by the Caisse’s general manager is to create a successful sales business that is focused on member service and driven by the people whose hard work and dedication define the institution. That’s why the caisse’s internal practices target service quality supported by industry best practices. The caisse plays an active role in the community and contributed nearly $600,000 in sponsorships and collective dividends in 2017, primarily in the fields of education, cooperation, social economy, health and healthy lifestyles. As a financial services cooperative that is firmly rooted in the community, the Caisse shines from an economic standpoint. With more than 2.5 billion in assets and more than $5.1 billion in business volume under management, the Caisse Desjardins de Hull-Aylmer is an extremely important economic player in the Outaouais region.
- Solicit, develop and maintain personalized business relationships with current and potential clients in order to promote and sell Desjardins products and services.
- Assume responsibility for the portfolio by serving as the primary link between the Caisse and members and clients.
- Ensure that products and services are appropriately used and updated and maintain satisfaction levels. Analyze sources of dissatisfaction and recommend solutions.
- Identify and analyze member/client needs, develop client-specific solutions and prepare an integrated service offer. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Recommend strategies and solutions to reach Caisse objectives such as increased sales volumes, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and improved business relations.
- Identify business development opportunities to maintain the competitiveness of products and services.
- Carry out various promotional activities related to Caisse operations. Take part in public relations activities and provide a presence in the business community.
- Be attentive to the needs of members and clients in order to ensure their full satisfaction, pinpoint business opportunities, and as required, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial products and services. Ensure sound and prudent risk management for the portfolio under your responsibility.
Other working condition
- Number of job available : 1
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- One year of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Specialized knowledge of tax, financial and succession issues for individuals and businesses
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at Caisse members and those offered by Desjardins business centres, components and distribution networks, as well as those of competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with various legislation governing the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to Caisse products and services
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business process and service standards
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Accountability, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de Hull-Aylmer
Member/client sales and service (FG)