(Work place: 3500, boul. de la Côte-Vertu Suite 165 Montréal)
Desjardins Group is the largest cooperative financial group in Canada, and one of the largest employers in the country. It offers a full range of financial products and services and is home to a wealth of expertise in property and casualty insurance, life and health insurance, wealth management, services for businesses of all sizes, securities brokerage, asset management, venture capital, and secure, leading-edge virtual access methods.
NV-08The incumbent is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, developing and maintaining business relationships with a clientele composed mainly of individual members and businesses, business owners, rental property owners, and real estate investors, generally with savings of 150,000 dollars to 250,000 dollars. He or she promotes and sells products and services and stimulates business growth. The incumbent represents, engages, and negotiates on behalf of the caisse in agreements that have a significant impact on the caisse. He or she ensures consistency and balance between sales objectives, sound and prudent risk management, portfolio profitability and client, member and partner satisfaction.
The new Caisse Desjardins de Bordeaux-Cartierville-Saint-Laurent, the result of the merger between the Caisse de Bordeaux-Bois-Franc-Cartierville and the Caisse populaire Desjardins de Saint-Laurent, will be formally established on January 1, 2019 following the approval of the Autorité des marchés financiers. The new financial co-operative, formed of 41,460 co-owner members, will manage assets of $1.36 billion and will have 95 employees. Its transit number will be 30355 and its headquarters will be at 3500 boul. de la Côte-Vertu in Saint-Laurent.
- Solicit, develop and maintain personalized business relationships with current and potential clients in order to promote and sell Desjardins products and services.
- Assume responsibility for the portfolio by serving as the primary link between the caisse and members and clients. Ensure that products and services are appropriately used and updated and maintain satisfaction levels. Analyze sources of dissatisfaction and recommend solutions.
- Identify and analyze member and client needs, develop customized solutions and prepare an integrated service offer. Negotiate applicable conditions with members and clients.
- Recommend strategies and solutions to reach caisse objectives such as increased sales volumes, sound risk management, portfolio profitability and improved business relations.
- Identify opportunities for business development to maintain the competitiveness of products and services.
- Carry out various promotional activities related to caisse operations. Take part in public relations activities and provide a presence in the business community.
- Be attentive to the needs of members and clients in order to ensure their full satisfaction, pinpoint business opportunities, and as required, refer them to individuals who can meet their needs.
- Adhere to current policies, practices and standards as well as to the various laws governing the distribution of financial services. Ensure sound and prudent risk management for the portfolio under his/her responsibility.
- Ensure the in-transfer of members' external assets, and fully develop the potential of members.
- Advise members and clients on the best financial strategies (including debt management) to grow their savings and investment portfolios.
- Develop strategies and implement actions to publicize and enhance the reputation of Desjardins Group's wealth management service offer.
- Develop and maintain sustainable and customized collaborations with account managers at the Desjardins Business centre, Desjardins components, various business partners in the community, DSS as well as those referred by members and clients.
Other working conditions
- Work location: 3500 Boul. Côte-Vertu, Suite 165, Montreal
- Schedule: 35 hours, 5 days/week, 1 evening/week on Wednesday or Thursday
- Travel required: 30% of the time
- Number of jobs available: 1
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience
Please note that other combinations of qualifications and relevant experience may be considered
- Hold a mutual fund representative certificate – Autorité des marchés financiers
- For vacant positions available in Quebec, please note that knowledge of French is required
- Knowledge of current financial, economic, political and legislative events
- Knowledge of analysis of individual markets, business leaders, and the caisse's external environment
- Specialized knowledge of tax, financial, and succession issues for individuals, businesses, and business owners
- Knowledge of all products and services aimed at caisse members and those offered by Desjardins Business Centres, Desjardins components and distribution networks, and those offered by competitors
- Knowledge of debt management
- Knowledge of compliance with legislation respecting the distribution of financial products and services
- Understanding of the philosophy and fundamentals of financial services cooperatives
- Knowledge of policies, legislation and standards related to products and services offered by the caisse
- Knowledge of the Desjardins business processes
- Independent speaker, upper intermediate knowledge of English, both oral and written
Desjardins Cross-sector skills
Action oriented, Collaborates, Customer Focus, Innovation
Key competencies for the job
Drive results, Interpersonal Savvy
Caisse Desjardins de Bordeaux-Cartierville-Saint-Laurent
Member/client sales and service (FG)